MAORA CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side by Side Racers

+9
Rooster Synthetics
Rich
hyde
rangerracing722
KING coors
Wyoming 1
Racebug1098
gochenour322
Admin
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Side by Side Racers Empty Re: Side by Side Racers

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:18 am

from what i was told for stock the ruels are how andy put out they have to wear long sleaves and pants and the personal safty suff like helmet neck colar and a left rist restrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:33 am

No, I am just getting my a-arms built and new shocks on it. What kind of turn out did you have at the IN race? What is going on with the rules now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:32 pm

anyothere side by sides going out for the cassy race ill be there as long as my father inlaw hasent sold the trailer yet i guess he has a cupple people interested in it

Back to top Go down

Side by Side Racers Empty Can't come to play.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:22 pm

I regret to say that I can't come to play with you guys. Still have mine apart building new a-arms when I have time. I plan to come to the Casey race as of now. Good luck and tell me how the new rules turn out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:54 pm

ok thanks hopfully ill hget a responce tonight maybe ill need to get a truck

Back to top Go down

Post by chevord Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:48 pm

ill have them with me
chevord
chevord

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:45 pm

im not positive if im going im trying to see if any one ells is going or not iv sent them emails but no reply dont really whant to drive 4 hrs and not be able to race becouse noone elss comes

Back to top Go down

Post by chevord Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:41 pm

ive got 2 extras that wont fit my little body anymore
chevord
chevord

Back to top Go down

Post by rangerracing722 Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:36 pm

taco if i had a extra one i would let you use it does anyone have a suit taco can use
rangerracing722
rangerracing722

Number of posts : 471
Job/hobbies : maintenance
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:15 pm

well i herd that all the new ruels are going to be used for this weekend s race i was looking forward to racing this weekend i got everythang but the firesuet hasnt showed up yet in the mail so unless it comes in tomarrow i dont think ill be there and it looks like the only other person that would fit the requard ruels is hawk so that would leave 2 of us i think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:07 am

body painting_________________________ I could get into that LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:06 pm

we could use that body paint that and spry fire suits on them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:04 pm

you provide the powder and I will do the honers of patting it on them ( hooter girls ) lol lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:46 pm

will have to get a powder puff class going

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 pm

that could be scary now if you let the hooter girls I bet the stands would be full

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:04 pm

o ya my dreams came true racing in my b-day suit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by chevord Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:16 am

Thats why you want me to buy a sxs. You want to see me naked. Razz Razz Razz
chevord
chevord

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Synthetics Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Fine you all race naked then if you want but leave my name off your lawsuit!!!!!
Rooster Synthetics
Rooster Synthetics

Number of posts : 448
Job/hobbies : Union Heavy Equipment Operator/ Independent AMSOIL Dealer
Registration date : 2008-09-30

http://www.roostersynthetics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rangerracing722 Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:40 am

well said dirk leave it alone this year and watch it grow i agree 100% with you i feel there is alot of other things that need addressed too but that is another day
rangerracing722
rangerracing722

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:02 pm

how many beers does it take to race Dirk lol lol.I am just joking rooster .

Back to top Go down

Post by chevord Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 pm

I think you need to go with the basics this year. This should have been put out before the class started. We use to have 4wheelers out there and all they had to wear was a helmet. I now whats comeing next from some of you. Times has changed, well ya but only bacause everybody sets back and says ok. I better not get started on that. Theres no more we the peple its we the goverment. Anyway we need to get a feeling on the amount of people that will do it. Other wise it doesn't matter. In sxs I figure your going to get people out there to just play more than out there to race.
chevord
chevord

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:42 am

thanks Rooster I did not know about the first time race fee.But you will pay that everywhere.You all are saying the same thing I said but in more words.(I don't like to type )You all have Good points but it all comes down to this the side by sides need to appoint a lead officer and they or that person.Needs to set down at the table with the MAORA officers and make rules for the class that both can work with.NOT off another club.Nothing wrong as too use their rules as a starting place but as it looks there is a lot of if,and,buts,in it all.I don't have the answers to it all IF I did I would a officer and dang well not doing what I do in personal life (slide a time card and work for the other person,to make them money.LIFE)

Back to top Go down

Post by rangerracing722 Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:41 am

i see this as mis communication on both parts maora needed to put there own rules out there no let everyone go off of someone elses rules study that makes for confusion scratch i feel the stock class should be alowed to wear aproved motocross riding wear since this is just for the beginer person but they do need some other form of safety such as arm restrains or a net i do agree it is to easy to put your arm out and not realize it and these things do flip over very easy on a rough course but as for the kids that also goes back to i though it was asked before about a kid under 16 racing with us and he was denied so should we let the other one race or not she did beat the adults and did a great job i am not puting her down in anyway great job cheers but what we do for one we need to do for all just my two cents they dont mean nothing but it also brings me back to think this is a new class and we are just getting it started why make everyone mad when we just start to get people to show up do we want to run them off or bring them in? i feel maora officers need to get together with the ones in this class and make the rules and print them up with maoras logo and name in it before this gets out of hand anymore or before this class gets anylarger afro

oh ya i agree with phyllis on the insurance we do not need to increase the entry or membership dues anymore than they are now and that is where it would come from we dont need to get anymore expence then maora has r ready

Last edited by rangerracing722 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
rangerracing722
rangerracing722

Back to top Go down

Post by pbp Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Insurance doesn't apply to the racers.

True, it does not. Not directly anyway. My point is that each event must have insurance coverage. AMA/ATVA sanctioned races get discounts on coverage. MAORA does not have that advantage. Same as with unsanctioned mx races I cover. The insurance is much higher for the track owner in those cases as they don't qualify for group rates. If MAORA cannot secure insurance for their races there won't be any racing. If they have to pay substantially higher rates that cost has to be recovered in some way. As in higher race entry fees and dues. You are going to be out more money either way. I'd rather see racers put more money in their vehicle to keep them safe than pay it out in insurance costs.
pbp
pbp

Number of posts : 72
Job/hobbies : Photographer/bookkeeper/dust eater
Registration date : 2008-01-12

http://www.phyllisblume.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:44 am

Insurance doesn't apply to the racers.

Back to top Go down

Post by pbp Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:40 am

MAORA is new to sxs racing and it will take some time and experience to work out the rules. Bear with them.

Unlike GNCC, MAORA is not affiliated with AMA/ATVA and does not have the advantage of group insurance rates that a national organization can provide. If they have no insurance that means no racing! An increase in insurance costs would have to be passed on in higher membership dues/entry fees. Either way you're going to pay more.

Just my 2 cents.
pbp
pbp

Number of posts : 72
Job/hobbies : Photographer/bookkeeper/dust eater
Registration date : 2008-01-12

http://www.phyllisblume.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Synthetics Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:24 am

If you think safety isn't an issue read this http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/death-at-haspin-acres-31793.html
Rooster Synthetics
Rooster Synthetics

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Synthetics Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:22 am

I think there has been a miscommunication. When MAORA agreed to allow sxs to race we said show us the rules and we will approve them or change as needed. So with that said lets clear some things up. There are several law suits going on as we speak with people getting hurt in sxs roll overs. If you read the truck and buggy safety rules ALL vehicles are REQUIRED to have window nets or approved arm restraints. ALL drivers are required some sort of approved head restraint. ALL vehicles required to have fire extinguisher within reach of the driver. ALL participants must have Snell 2000 or newer helmet, either full face shield or goggles and a fire suit. It is not the intent of MAORA or its officers to make racers go out and spend a bunch of money but it is their job to make things as safe as possible. MAORA is not affiliated and probably never will be with GNCC or any type of moto x racing. All it takes is for 1 driver to start to roll and they stick their arm or leg out to try and stop it for things to go seriously wrong. Speed was mentioned in a previous post and at 35 miles an hour and a 45 degree impact on the drivers side your neck can stretch several inches and with no nets it would be outside the sxs cage. Think of the consequences then. These rules apply to everyone not just the sxs. All safety rules are for the entire club.
Rocky no one is supposed to be allowed on the track or in a race vehicle unless they are a member. We do have a 1 day membership of $30 and allow the balance to be paid at the next event to become a full member. I have rolled several times and with all the safety we have imposed i have only had minor bruises. As far as the age thing I personally think we need to get the kids racing to keep MAORA alive another 34 years, but they either need their own class or prove they they can run with the older drivers like little miss hawk did. The trophy karts are an excellent starting place and think we need to push that more so than a kids sxs class. They are built just like trucks and buggies and a lot safer. And in most cases are cheaper than a sxs. Hope this cleared somethings up.
Rooster Synthetics
Rooster Synthetics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:29 am

here is the link to the rule book that was put out i would think that it was looked at before we started racing on bolth sides

http://www.mwraseries.com/MWRA%20SAFETY%20RULES-2-24-09.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:55 am

I agree with everyone on this so wy don't all of you get together with Maora officers and make a rule book for this class?for the one time racer and then if they want to race more then have to join the club and abide by the rule of all.I have to fall back to the tractor pulling days that we had certain rules for the one time individual that just showed up then after that he had to become a member and go by all rules.Like a farm boy class at the local fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:30 am

i also had my neck ring on and yes i did have shorts and T shirt on but no one said at the race i couldn’t after running the hot laps i did bring long sleeves and pants incase we needed to have them i will be getting a fire suit and window netting now that i have doors i know that im planning on going to all the races but for someone who just wants to go to a couple that are close to them with there stock SXS there not going to want to spend the cash on a full door and netting and a fire suet yes i would make all drivers have the neck protection and have them were long sleeves and pants instead of a fire suet in the stock class and we should probably push everyone on the rules that are already in place i know everyone wants to see this class grow but we also need it to be safe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:20 am

My daughter and I have firesuits and neck rings and wore them.

The big problem with SXS is window nets. First, you have to have a door to have a window. I can't agree more that I would like to have a net on my daughter's ride. But, we ride these things DAILY and I do not want to build hers like mine. Pain to get in and out of for pleasure riding. The only other option would be wrist restrains and that has 2 other problems. The shifter is between the seats and if one would spin out, you can not put it in REV. The other, if there was a fire, the driver could not get to the fire extinquisher. I just don't think that you will have a turn out if you require all of this to race a stock vehicle. The national events do not even require it.

I have an idea of how to put a net on a stock unit, but the guys just wanting to come out to play will not do it or buy a firesuit just to try a race or two. I am not arguing this for myself or my daughter. I can work around anything we are talking about. I just want more to come out and make this as big as the GNCCs and west coast racing.

Andy has a set of rules already in place. Are we not using them?

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:46 pm

If you guys can afford a SXS, you can afford a fire suit and nets. Were talking a $100.00 here, what does the Emergency room charge when you go in with a broken arm or worse ?

JMHO

Elverno
vern
vern

Number of posts : 135
Job/hobbies : Working on junk
Registration date : 2007-12-31

http://doublewracing.spaces.live.com

Back to top Go down

Side by Side Racers Empty safety equipment

Post by Spencer Rising-Moore Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Here is my take on this. My job as a officer of this club is to put on the safest racing that we can, and that means that we put saftey rules in place that everyone has to go by. The sxs may not go as fast as a truck or a buggie but the same damage can happen. I wont everyone to go home in one peice at the end of the day. So if you guys wont a place to race please work with us and lets get our heads togeather and come up with rules that all of you can live by and the age thing is something we have to look at also. I'm sorry if this makes anyone mad but saftey is my first priority.

Spencer Rising-Moore

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:56 pm

true but racing and playing is two different things and do to insurance and safety I agree with Rooster and safety and fire suits are not that expensive.If you want to race.think of what could happen.Maora does not want it on their conshants that you don't go home to see you're family after a race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:41 pm

It will kill it for the stock guys if they require all of that to race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:26 pm

looks like ill have to get a fire suit then i got my full doors in so ill be good there will the wrist restraints work instead of window netting i have thaws already now also

i would say for the stock guys to have a 4 point harness and like wrist reentrance to keep them in the UTV and no one said that you couldn’t have shorts on before but i did bring long sleeve and pants just incase we needed them

also if that is what MAORA wants and you want to play then you have to go by thre rules so we will have to come up with some thing by next race for thaws who don’t have all what is required but it will drive a couple people away having to go out and race there stock UTV if they have to buy a lot of stuff to race

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:47 am

I was wondering why I was burning up in my firesuit while everyone was in shorts!

Now, the rules we have show stock class doesn't have to have full doors and nets. Only stock seat belts and stock doors or nets that came on RZRs. If you make people have anymore than that in stock class, you will not get anyone to come and race. Stock will be the biggest class. Stock is exactly that. I can see having DOT helmet, goggles, full clothing, and neck ring.

I raced a national GNCC and that is the way it is. You do not even have to have a neck ring. You do have to have a 4 point harness, but doesn't have to be of current date. That is crap when it does! They had 80 show up for their race in Crawfordsville IN last fall. Here is the rule from their website.
EQUIPMENT:
1. Four point harnesses and cages are required. Foot restraints, nets or doors are required.
2. Harnesses must be securely fastened on both occupants at all times. Helmets and protective eyewear are required.

Now, OPEN class like I run, I can see all apply! That is why I have mine built the way it is.

Back to top Go down

Side by Side Racers Empty SXS SAFETY EQUIPMENT

Post by Rooster Synthetics Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:30 am

Some safety equipment was not used at the last race. The next race in Indiana all drivers and passengers must have the following equipment or they will not be allowed to race. Approved helmet, goggles, fire suit (no shorts and t shirts allowed), Horse collar or similar head restraint system, Full side nets or doors and window nets.
Rooster Synthetics
Rooster Synthetics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:10 am

Sounds good! I hope the weather hold out for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:37 pm

I was talking with another guy from Ohio and he said he was coming for the race I don’t know if he is going to stay for Sunday or not and Andy has one of his ready so we should have 5 there and a possible 5 or 6 more a group of guys called and said they would be at the race this weekend so will see what happens there so 5 foreshore and possibly 11 or more keeping my fingers crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 pm

ill be there friday night some time with MR green in the back i think we are staying at a hotel if there is one close by friday night and sat night im not shure we might camp out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Yes, I am glad people like to spend money on them with me. This is the first time in 5 years I have had one to use. Normally we build them for customers and they are gone! I built this one to use while it is for sale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:09 pm

seen pict. of you're rig good looking ride. more money in it than my house lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 pm

I will be in the White 45' RV truck conversion with 2 rzrs. Shouldn't be hard to find us either. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 pm

we will see you there hawk.don't know what time but will be there.The only truck that looks like that so won't be hard to miss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Yah, funny. I bet I have more on my trailer than you do! I will be bringing two. But, for others, he makes a good point for 2 guys to get together and put em on a trailer.

I will be in a motorhome at the track. Looking forward to meeting people I have been chatting with to put a face with a username.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Lets see if you all get together and you're side besides are not that large you all could car pool .That way you all know that you have enough to make a class.Grab them by the ears and bring to some fun . lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:54 pm

andy should have one of his going and a cupple others said they will be therebut will see i will be getting friday night also are you cammping or getting a room

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next