Re: Side by Side Racers

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 am

some pics from the race

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by tacoguy on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : try to get pics working)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:21 am

hey Josh it was fun running with you and having all the other sxs there watching Mad hopeful the next race will have more people show up. dose anybody have any pics of the side by sides up by any of the bigger jumps if you do can you post them up or email them to me spangscustoms@yahoo.com

thanks Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:48 am

i should be there as long as i can get this trailer or you can pick me up Very Happy it will be a maybe for sunday just depends on what is going on for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:18 pm

We are all loaded up and ready to go. We plan to pull in a little after lunch on friday, hoping to get a little track time. Hopefully I won't be the only SxS there!

Josh Starrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Synthetics on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Here is the contact information for the guy heading up the sxs classes.
Andy Prins
Spectrum Fabrication Inc.
www.SpectrumSandsports.com
www.GoRacerTech.com
www.SpectrumUTV.com
www.Sandtalk.com
616.928.0616 shop
616.394.0533 fax
Rooster Synthetics

Number of posts : 448
Job/hobbies : Union Heavy Equipment Operator/ Independent AMSOIL Dealer
Registration date : 2008-09-30

View user profile http://www.roostersynthetics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:53 am

can we get a set of ruels and safty equipment needed to race if they are out yet so us new guys know what to get

thanks kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:53 pm

If thats what it takes i will pay for it. Just to see ya on the track with your golf cart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer Rising-Moore on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:25 pm

I think I will need a better roll bar.

Spencer Rising-Moore

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Are you going to race the golf cart spencer? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:13 pm

ill have a stock teryx for now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:42 pm

I know that I want to race with you guys. I am curious what machines everybody has. I will be racing a lightly modified Rhino.

Josh Starrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Rooster Racing wrote:Just so you know taco we have no affiliation with Lincoln trail or AMA rules. We are offering a sxs class and have someone in a sxs club submitting racing rules. If you wish to add to or amend any of these rules you need to contact me so you can be added to the meeting on these rules.

ok i was just puting some suggetions out on ruels if you guys didnt know to much about it or not

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Synthetics on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Just so you know taco we have no affiliation with Lincoln trail or AMA rules. We are offering a sxs class and have someone in a sxs club submitting racing rules. If you wish to add to or amend any of these rules you need to contact me so you can be added to the meeting on these rules.
Rooster Synthetics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Wow I asked and some one replied dang.I sure hope the ones putting on the race and spencer is reading this stuff.I got lost in it.Thank you taco!!!!gochenour carry it on will you I think spencer wanted you do this didn't he or was it the kids class study I forgot : geek I don't have his number to let him know that it is up and running cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 am

i think going by what the utv racing association has on there ruels is a good starting spot then add or change ruels as needed
here is the web site for there ruels http://www.utvracingassociation.com/drupal-5.2/files/M4SXRuleBook.pdf

SUPER STOCK: A SXS as the manufacture designed and built it. The only modications that will be allowed in the stock class are wheel
spacers, CDI box, carb , air lter, exhaust, and the addition of the following for safety measures.
Required:
* A full body including bed sides and bumpers
* Window Nets
* Ĺ Doors w/one side impact bar
* Roof
* Race seats x2
* 5 point harness
* Helmet, hand & Eye Protection
* Fire suit
* Neck Brace
* Fire extinguisher
* Aftermarket roll cage: bolted or securely welded to frame and attached to rear frame.
* Minimum 1200 lbs w/12 gallon max fuel cell
MOD Pro , MOD Am : a modied SXS having a built motor and or a long travel suspension. Wheel spacers, CDI box, air lter, and exhaust will
also be acceptable modications in the MOD class, with the addition of the following for safety measures.
Required:
* A full body including bed sides and bumpers
* Window Nets
* Full doors
* Roof
* Race seats x2
* 5 point harness
* Helmet, hand & Eye Protection
* Fire suit
* Neck Brace
* Fire extinguisher
* Safety fuel cell
* Aftermarket roll cage
* Minimum 1200 lbs w/12 gallon max fuel cell

Back to top Go down

Post by gochenour322 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:32 am

good deal taco way to step up and take charge , I have raced my rzr at a couple oma and gncc stuff I hope it takes off.
gochenour322

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 am

this is what i think some of the main saft ruels should be this is also a list i gave LTM
for the classes i would proably just end up being an oppen class i would think if not that meany people showed up

General rules non official

Stock class: utv will remain stock like it came from the factory with exceptions for safety. Ex aftermarket roll cage, 4 or 5 point harness, seats, front and rear bumpers and side sliders can be added for safety. Tires and wheels can be changed no limitations on tire use.

Mod class: you can modify your utv in any way but must keep factory engine. You can upgrade your motor any way you fill

Outlaw class donít know if anyone right now would fit this or not but it would be a class with no limitations on the utv engine swaps are legal

For all safety rules

Helmet is required to race anyone under 18 will need a parent or legal garden to sign a waver form utv must have a factory or after market roll cage and leg bars or something that is structurally sound to keep legs inside of the utv there will most likely have to have a window net on the driver side of the utv or wrist restrains to keep arms in utv. You must have ether factory seat belts or a 4 or 5 point harness .

If anyone has any suggestions on rules or safety let me know. If there isnít a lot of turn out for one of the classes will run them with one of the other classes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:03 am

I don't know if the club has rules yet .last known they need something to work with.Contact a officer,please and bring them on cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:55 am

hey guys just found this ill be ready to race side by side in may maby next month it just depends got a lot going on in april anyway i have talked to lincoln trails and they said they would start racing sxs this year at there races if people are interested alsothey would race after the quads at each race Basketball
also ill put the word out on all the side by side forums that im apart of also that you guys are hear and are going to race sides by sides i have about 10 or so people saying they would race a lincoln trails allready.

Last edited by tacoguy on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:01 am

show us your stuff We will show you ares.This a opportunity to get seat time and new track.Evan if it is not in you're point division.Just track time and learn new friends. SO BRING IT ON SIDE BY SIDES

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Synthetics on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Word has it there is 20 SXS hoping to be at the first race. Any of you other SXS racers looks like we might have a big class for you.
Rooster Synthetics

Back to top Go down

Post by rangerracing722 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:58 pm

ya what happned to them all this year did we even have any show up or is this another class that we need to look at too
rangerracing722

Number of posts : 471
Job/hobbies : maintenance
Registration date : 2008-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Synthetics on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 pm

lets go sxs racers we need to hear from you with your rules so we can make class for you in 2009!!!!!
Rooster Synthetics

Back to top Go down

sxs

Post by Rich on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:07 am

no we donot they will have to class themselves. They will have to pass our saftey inspection,fire extinguisher,seat belts,side nets,all class rules.

Rich
Rich

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gochenour322 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:20 am

so does anyone have any rules ???
gochenour322

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:06 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers BRING THEM ON.I think it will be cool to watch them bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

MAORA FALL CLASSIC

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Its confirmed there will be a Side X Side Class at the fall classic. So any of you side by side racers come join the 3 confirmed entrees for some great wheel to wheel short course fun. They will also be given the choice on Sunday to either run a hour and 1 lap enduro prior to the MAORA FALL CLASSIC or run at the same time as trucks and buggies. Spread the word now so this class can grow along with MAORA's future as the premier place to race in central, Illinois. Don't forget to sponsor our supporters, Lucas Oil Products and Howard Packaging.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-12-31

View user profile http://maorachat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 pm

Hey everyone - I'm new to this forum but not to off road racing. I am planing on joining MAORA soon. I am very interested in sxs racing and will also help in promoting it in anyway possible up here in north west indiana. First thing I think would be to get registered with more search engines on the web. I have been doing searches for a long time and only found you guys from watching the outdoor channel and seeing a bit on one of your up and comming drivers, then went straight to your site. I am going to call Spencer tomorrow am and see what the scoop is. I think a stock or light mod class would be perfect. I dont know anyone with a highly modified machine out here - but I know there are a BUNCH of people that would be up for a sportsman type class. Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by hyde on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 pm

I wood like to see side by side race at maora if possible. If they don't race at maora . They well race somewhere! lets hear from side by side racers silent

hyde

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gochenour322 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:42 pm

what about a trophy cart elite ?? less money than a tricked out sxs . E-mail me at gochenour11x@yahoo.com if intrested .
gochenour322

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:55 pm

I am new to the Maora, and do not have a race buggy or truck, but would seriously think about a side by side. Is this a possibility?
Thanks,
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:48 pm

This post has gotten away from its intended purpose and that's to allow SXS a place to chat and possibly a place to race. But I will answer you then move on. Ranger its a vicious circle. It takes good racing to attract fans to pay for the drivers to put on a show to attract fans to pay for the drivers to put on a show. Get the idea? If you plan to get rich racing I'm afraid you are in the wrong place. Not many people get rich from racing. It don't matter what you race if you personally don't have major sponsors its tough to do. I suppose we could charge $1000 entry fee and pay that back 100% but then we would have um 0 entries. If it matters since i been with MAORA i have several trophys,plaques and i think ive won $140. Point being i do it cause I love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by rangerracing722 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:42 am

ya we need to get spectators involved that is where the money is if we can bring big crouds in then it would make it where we could pay out more for the races and racers will be more willing to put big money in there equipment and wont break the bank trying to race i think that is what he was talking about cuz i got second in the last race and it cost me more than what i made to run i just did pay for my entry and part of the fuel in the race truck and that didnt cover my fuel for hauling it there and food and anything i broke it all comes out of my pocket i dont know about everyone else but my pocket is getting low with rising fuel and food cost in the world today dont take this the wrong way u cant be in racing to make a living arouind here but it would be nice to let it kinda pay for itself a little more
rangerracing722

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:43 am

Word must be out somewhere cause we have had racers from Florida, Ohio, Michigan, new york, Colorado, Oregon, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Missouri, Alabama that's several states covered for no word being out.

Back to top Go down

Post by rangerracing722 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 am

ya advertisment is the best thing i never knew about it till a few years ago and i had a truck just down the road from where i live and never knew about maora we tryed to put the word out when me and steve peavler went to terre haute monster truck show the other day don borders was running the show and he had them put a word in for us
rangerracing722

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gochenour322 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:11 pm

rooster you are right sxs people need a place to race. and i welcome them , but maora's word is not out the only reason i found out about it was by a accident . I have lived and raced in indiana all my life and never knew there was anything like this. I had evn raced quads at casey and never knew . Imo Maora is great but we need to do a better job of getting the word out. The 4x4 jamboree comming up how about adverising and we need to put a sign up at casey saying somthing about the fall classic. so people who are there when we are not can find out about us.

I know maora mangment is all on there free time and they are doing a good job . I'm not complaning or trying to make trouble . I want Maora to keep on getting beter.
gochenour322

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:28 pm

They should race with us. I think it would be interesting to see. Plus thats more people we can bring in to this sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Not running them will not build the car or truck count. The word is out there and has been for 30 years that MAORA is here. The side by side people need somewhere to race.

Back to top Go down

Post by KING coors on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:04 pm

side by side ? I think put more time on what you have and make it better and get the car & truck count up the last race only 3 16s was there & 6 10s the truck count was fair but could be better. But thats my opinion king king
KING coors

Number of posts : 374
Job/hobbies : electrician for Lucas Oil/buggy racing
Registration date : 2008-01-31

View user profile http://www.mooseknucklemotorsports.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Racebug1098 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:41 am

watch out, next thing you know king coors will be here talking it up...... then never race anyway lol!
Racebug1098

Number of posts : 637
Job/hobbies : Leaving Weaver in the dust!
Registration date : 2008-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyoming 1 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:44 am

If he can I will swipe jd's golf cart again and it will be on
Wyoming 1

Number of posts : 679
Job/hobbies : keeping oil fund up
Registration date : 2008-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Racebug1098 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 am

can spencer race his golf cart?
Racebug1098

Number of posts : 637
Job/hobbies : Leaving Weaver in the dust!
Registration date : 2008-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gochenour322 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:38 am

I have a rzr that i raced gncc and oma
gochenour322

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Side by Side Racers

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:23 pm

Was asked today to add a side by side chat to the forum. Theres some interest in racing these with MAORA. Lets hear from you racers of these machines.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-12-31

View user profile http://maorachat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top