Badlands Trec Race Oct 2nd

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Badlands Trec Race Oct 2nd

Post by pjohnson66 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Thats what i wanted to know if you thought it was safe and it seems you do so that is good enough for me. I have another person that is a former bike racer and wants to get back into something and he told me today that a mini-buggy looks like what he wants. Also the guy here who has a car already said he was going to get his back out. its a genesis car with a 440.

pjohnson66

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneman on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:36 pm

pjohnson66 wrote:Stoneman what do you think of the mini's running with all the fullsize racers there? Do you think its safe? from the videos i have seen they better start thinking about safety rules on the race vehicles. I would like to race up there but the cars we have in the shop are just a little bit bigger than a pilot. Dont want to get hit by a big truck lol would be a bad out come for our cars. Was the driver ok in that flip? stock utv belts are not for racing they need a full harness.

So far the bigger cars have not been a issue. We(sxs,pilot,revolt) usually are first off the line. If we come up on a full size car I give plenty of room for the pass. They have plenty of safety rules already.
The sxs that had the multiple endo crash was from the day before the race. He was not part of the race. I read that he did walk away.

stoneman

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pjohnson66 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Stoneman what do you think of the mini's running with all the fullsize racers there? Do you think its safe? from the videos i have seen they better start thinking about safety rules on the race vehicles. I would like to race up there but the cars we have in the shop are just a little bit bigger than a pilot. Dont want to get hit by a big truck lol would be a bad out come for our cars. Was the driver ok in that flip? stock utv belts are not for racing they need a full harness.

pjohnson66

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Badlands Trec Race Oct 2nd

Post by stoneman on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 am

MadMax (my son) entered this race in my Redline Revolt. Right rear wheel was destroyed by a tree root on first lap. He was able to nail the jump into the gravel pit before the damage.
We did see the red ranger(Tim?) from maora there as well. I would think the maora guys would do good at these TREC races. They allow the 2wd guys to bypass the deep sandy section.

Max is the 4th guy over the jump. Has to be @ 70 ft from the face of the jump to landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gW2BFpYoYk

Here is a sxs that didnt have near enough speed to clear the same jump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaNo6Cu8568&feature=player_embedded
http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/15/72/84/33/max312.jpg

stoneman

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top